(I recommend studying these and adopting them):
1. Small is big in our business model. The business is lots of people doing a little (not a few people doing a lot).
2. You can accomplish more by having your people at major events for 1 or 2 days than you can doing it on your own over a six month period.
3. Focus on finding the people that want to do it on their own. Spend less time with those that give you excuses and more time with those that are producing.
4. Keep it simple (1+2 = $100) AND EVERYONE TURN YOUR DASHBOARD GREEN. Green means GO!
5. Never let crisis turn into ruin.
6. Never quit on a bad day.
7. Appreciation will win self promotion every time!!
8. Give to give vs give to get.
9. Send Out to give.
10. Ask: Who does business with people that would do business with us? Get to know THEM.
11. Your network is your most valuable asset.
12. I welcome challenges as a way to grow and get feedback that will help me (us) get better.
13. One to five people will set you free (1 in 20-30).
14. It’s just numbers. “The mountain doesn’t care”. The difference between a $1,000 check and a $10,000 check is just a zero.
15. FAST growth is easy once you find the right people. You can’t measure the size of someone’s heart. The duds can lead you to the studs. You don’t know who they know.
16. Changing companies is not an answer to your problems. Whatever challenges you are experiencing will repeat themselves with your new company within a relatively short period of time unless you have changed your philosophy or improved your skills. Everyone is excited when they join a new company. It’s what you do after the euphoria wears off that will determine your long term success. I didn’t make this up.
17. DISTRACTIONS are the killer to growth. Facebook, TV, the internet are the “Greener Pastures”. Sales pitches from other companies are the 4 greatest distractors.
18. The fuel in any business is people (fill your pipeline!).
19. You need a relatively small amount of people to make a fortune. There are enough people for everyone (in all companies). Your attitude regarding “lack” or “abundance” will drive your actions and ultimately determine how big you get in the business.
350 million people in the US.
5 million turn 18 each year.
35 million turned adults in the past 7 years.
250 million have never done network marketing.
Think about how many have lost jobs or are at risk of losing jobs over the past few years.
REAL ESTATE, CONTRACTORS, MORTGAGE, TITLE COMPANIES
BNI – 50% + were not in BNI 7 years ago. I built a fortune on the ones that are no longer part of BNI!
You need 4000 on your team and 100 or so personally sponsored to have a significant FT income in Network Marketing
20. Those you think will, won’t and those who you think won’t, will.
21. Your job is to GET PEOPLE STARTED, not to manage your team. Let the system do the managing.
Who gets bank loans? Those who don’t need it. If you need a loan you can’t get one. Those that “need” it typically won’t do too well. Look for those that are hungry. If someone is needy, they tend to attract other needy people. Look for those that don’t need your help. They will build big businesses. Your job is to get them started.
22. You CREATE your future. It’s not something that happens to you (SAC Excel).
It’s the energy and life that you infuse into your team that will make the difference. Are you a source of light for others? Would you follow you? If not, then you must shift some things.
23. More meetings mean more money.
Fill your calendar. One person is better than no people. 10 people is better than 1 person.
100 people is better than 10 people, but it all starts with one. Many musical artists simply needed to keep performing until someone was willing to listen. Most play for 10 years plus before any significant audience showed up. Read Steven Tylers book (Aerosmith and Malcolm Gladwell’s books, Tipping Point and Blink). Most people must commit 10,000 hours to their trade before experiencing success. In network marketing we get to “borrow” the hours of experience from others but you still must pay your dues. More meetings mean more money. Get good at presenting a simple plan over and over again.
24. Problems go up. Inspiration goes down and across. Never express challenges downline. The quickest way to “kill” a team, is to complain across lines and downline. Never ever do it. When your team goes away, it can be because of a complaining upline. Negativity drives people away. You must ALWAYS be positive with your downline and cross line. Complaints, suggestions and concerns should only go up (company and upline).
25. Just like the high school, the gym, etc., some people work to get to the top and others quit or are satisfied with where they are. People are people. Many people join gyms and go. They will pay monthly for years. In fact MOST people that join a gym never go, that’s not a reflection on how good the gym is. You must focus on those that show up and not those that don’t. You’ll drive yourself nuts if you get stressed out about those that don’t do anything after signing up. EVERYONE (including the successful people) experiences this. The difference between you and me is I have more people that have quit. Many of those that quit still use SendOutCards.
26. AVOID THE 4 DISTRACTORS and fill your calendar with appointments to show the business.
TV, FB, the internet, family. You can carve out an extra 3-4 hours a day by turning off or throwing away the TV AND limiting your FB time to 1 hour per day. (Advertisers spend MILLIONS of dollars with the networks because they know YOU are watching)!
27. Sponsoring a new distributor and sending a card usually make your problems a little less scary:
Whatever problems you are experiencing will seem less important when you sponsor someone new and send a card to someone in need. If you have some kind of problem focus on advancing your business by sending a card, getting a customer and sponsoring a distributor. You’ll feel like things are going to be ok.
28. Apply the 8 year old test – If an 8 year old can’t do it or teach it NOW, don’t do it. It may be good for you, but it usually isn’t duplicatable.
29. Just because it sounds like a good idea, doesn’t mean that it is. Focus on the opportunities that have the potential to duplicate. Fund raisers and big corporate accounts don’t duplicate. Fundraisers and Corporate accounts look great on paper but they typically don’t produce good results in network marketing (EVERYONE says, “but my situation is different”). The big earners come from finding those that do a little and find a few others that do a little.
30. Put yourself in situations that make it easy to meet people – “Don’t fish for salmon in the trout stream”. If you are looking for business builders, put yourself in situations where business people hang out. Success breeds success.
31. Everyone can be “got” by someone – I have found that when the right person asks the right person at the right time, they will be interested. Until then, they may not even want to take a look.
32. It’s physically impossible to saturate an area – Go back to the numbers I shared earlier.
33. You can borrow the influence and skills that you lack – This is one of the true gifts of having a network marketing business. If you are not good at it, find someone that is and ask them to take a look. Phil Eckart is a six-figure MONTHLY earner in another company and he made millions of dollars with another company without ever speaking in front of a group! He would find others that wanted to do it and he sat in the back of the room.
34. For every person that is stuck because of a challenge, there is a handful of people that have gone to the top that experienced the exact same challenge – Go to my Facebook wall and watch Kyle Maynards video (or just find him on youtube).
35. Challenges become your excuses or your reasons (the same challenges): People decide first and then they give you the reasons. Either you’ll do it or you won’t. It’s not your reasons that will determine whether its doable. Challenges are just your test to determine whether you are worthy of a bigger check.
36. When you become stuck or stopped, it simply means there is something you need to learn.
37. Your dreams are the #1 driver of your personal motivation. Motivation is what keeps you going long enough to succeed. Spend at least 1 hour a week on your dreams. Meet people that can help you get there. Don’t wait til you have the money to shop for what you want. Start now. You’ll train your subconscious to attract it.
38. Adopt the philosophy: TODAY IS THE BIG DAY! (You don’t know who you will meet today that will lead you to an explosive organization).