October 29, 2012
Getting Going or Getting Unstuck:
You’ve been talking about getting your business going for some time now. You love network marketing and you love SendOutCards. You say you are doing the business but when it really comes down to it, you’re not doing much of anything.
Or, you are doing something, but not much seems to be happening. It’s a roller coaster ride of emotion. You’re up and you’re down. You question yourself. You wonder if you really have what it takes. You’ve been hearing the stories, but you also know a lot of people that have done network marketing that have never made any money. And to top matters off, you’ve been knocked off track as a result of all the changes and promotions recently. Your upline is doing little to nothing and you have no support. Where to start? What to do? What is it really going to take to move the needle in your favor and begin a rapid growth curve in the business.
Before we get too far here, I want to say that I have been where you are. Without even knowing where you are, I know I have been there. I have shown the business to 28 people consecutively without signing up a single person. I have lost faith and then regained it more times than I can even count. I have put together plans that have bombed. I have found momentum and then lost it over and over again. One of the biggest differences between you and me is that I have had way more people quit my business than you have. Why? I have a bigger team. I’ve had more cancellations, more no-shows, more rejection than you because I have shown it to more people. That’s the biggest difference between you and me.
Getting going or getting unstuck starts with shifting your focus and daily pattern of behavior. Were used to doing things a certain way. If you are not getting the results you are looking for and you keep doing the same thing over and over again, don’t expect much difference in your results. For example, you probably have a certain daily routine and if that routine is not producing the growth you are looking for in your business, you’ll probably need to change it. I can’t motivate you to take action. I can draw your attention to certain things that may help you to have a more productive focus but your motivation to do the work must come from within you.
Let’s go over some simple things you can do NOW to get off balance again and into productive action. You’ll notice that I said “off balance”. You’ll need to start falling forward to gain some momentum in your life and in your business. Being balanced isn’t the key. Being off-balance means creating a vacuum between where you are and where you want to be. This is where the growth comes from. Business growth follows personal growth. Flying helicopters to me is uncomfortable but I know I am growing. Each time that I do it, I get a little better. But I can’t get better unless I place myself in those situations that make me uncomfortable. That vacuum will pull you into productive action. Most people will work for weeks, months and even years to find balance before they feel like they can go to work in a business. These are the people that wait for everything to be just right before they can start building. NEWS FLASH! Things will never be just right. In fact, there will never be a better time to get going than now. If you wait to find balance, you’ll be waiting forever because it doesn’t exist. I’m suggesting here that it’s being off balance that will give you the drive and energy to find the success you are looking for. So some of the things I’ll be suggesting here are about CREATING the GAP between where you are and where you want to go RIGHT NOW so that you can be called into action today. The reason you joined SendOutCards was because you saw something that it could provide that you don’t currently have. So, let’s maximize the impact of that feeling and use it to grow a successful business. Pick 5 of these things and do them all this week. Make a list and just get going.
- Restart the Gratitude Challenge, only multiply it times 3. Start sending 3 Gratitude Cards per day.
- Refresh your dream list. Grab a journal or notepad and write/re-write at least 25 things you would like to accomplish in your life in the next 24 months. Do this in the next 24 hours. This along with a belief that SendOutCards is a great vehicle is the KEY to motivation.
- Refresh your list. If your list is a little lean, go online and find a networking group in your community tonight. Schedule yourself to attend a couple within the next 7 days. I know I have hashed over this time and time again. One of the greatest sources energy will come from meeting new people. It doesn’t matter if some of the members of the group have heard of SendOutCards. 70-80% in even the most “saturated” groups don’t really know who we are. If they did, they would be sending cards or building the business. Your goal is to have fun and make friends. Get business cards and add new people to your list and then to your contact manager.
- Schedule a Treat ‘Em Right Seminar. Start making the arrangements. I have found that the seminar begins to work on people the day they begin to put into action the plans to go. There is something magical about making a commitment to go to a personal development seminar. Make your plans now. Just the awareness that you are going will have a positive impact on your business. Even if you don’t see the money available to go now, schedule it and plan on the money showing up. Make plans first . “Boldly go in the direction of your dreams and unseen forces will come to your aid”.
- Schedule 20 minutes per day and listen to one of the archived conference calls on www.thecoolbuzz.com (PASSWORD: thecoolbuzz).
- Write or re-write 10 “I am” statements. Remember, “I am” statements don’t start with “I plan to” or “I am going to” or “I don’t want to”. They start with, “I am. “”I am meeting and signing up motivated, well connected business builders each week”. “I am living the life of my dreams.” “I am healthy and strong”. This is a very important part of success.
- Call 3 people per day that are not in your business just to say “hi” and check in
- Send out 3 tools per day to potential distributors (ASEND MAGAZINE, THE FOUR YEAR CAREER, BEACH MONEY, ETC).
- Schedule 1-2 Gift account walk-throughs per day (Have them send a card to someone they care about and then watch one or two of the videos on .biz).
- Go through this list each day and make sure you are doing at least 5 of these things per week.
- Block time on your calendar to do 5 of these things each week REGARDLESS of whether you are ready or not. You will never be completely ready. Life has its twists and turns. You’ll find that once your residual income increases to a point where it replaces your living expenses, things will get quite a bit easier for you. Until that time, just be okay with things feeling a little (or a lot) out of balance. Use that feeling of imbalance to DRIVE YOU to take action now. Don’t wait. Each day you wait costs you months or years of freedom because in network marketing, your efforts are multiplied by the work of others.
- Stay in action regardless of how you feel or whether you are seeing immediate results. Your friends and associates are watching you. They are testing you to see how serious you are. Most people miss out on huge opportunities because they are somewhat flakey (start and stop, switching companies over and over, quitting) and others don’t take them so seriously. The longer you do it and the more consistent you are the more others will take you seriously.
- Make a drastic move NOW. You are on this call because you said you are tired of being stuck. You want to get results and you want to make a shift. If this is really the case then it’s time to prove it. Prove it to your wife and kids. Prove it to your business associates. Prove it to your friends. Stop piddling around with the business. No successful entrepreneur has done it “piddling”. One of my pet peeves is when people that tell me they are “plugging away”. Can you imagine Steve Jobs “plugging away” at the business? Would Kody ever “plug away”? That’s not an energy that attracts people. You’ll need to create some massive action. You’ll need to do it with energy. You can do this starting now by simple doing 5 of the things listed above each week. It’s really pretty simple.
Get off balance. Start falling forward. Eliminate time wasting activities. Make your dreams more important than your fears. Take massive daily action. Prove it. Stop whining and blaming. Network Marketing is the greatest financial opportunity available today in this marketplace. SendOutCards is unique, special and lucrative.
You’ve heard the phrase, “Doubt will take you out of action and action will take you out of doubt.” There is a reason this phrase is cliché. Clichés are cliché because they are true. Take this to heart. If you will start DOING the business every day, your doubt, if you have any, will begin to dissipate.
THREE THINGS YOU CAN IMMEDIATELY DO TO CHANGE THE TRAJECTORY OF YOUR LIFE AND CREATE THE TIME YOU NEED TO MOVE YOUR LIFE INTO MOMENTUM NOW.
- Turn off or unplug the TV. If you must keep a TV, ration your TV time and give yourself no more than 2 hours of TV a WEEK.
- Ration your FB Time. Limit FB to one hour a day late at night. I know this is tough to do, but you MUST do it if you want to be successful. Successful entrepreneurs are not spending 2-3 hours a day on Facebook.
- Don’t check your emails in the morning. Spend no more than one hour on your emails late at night after everyone is in bed.
Make your financial future more important than watching TV, checking FB and clearing your inbox. These are the 3 things that are most destructive to a building a successful business in today’s environment. Because we are a virtual business and so much of it is done online, there is a tendency to get sucked in to social media. This is an income reducer and a time killer. Not to mention, it’s typically a portal for negative information.
THE MAIN REASON MOST PEOPLE ARE STRUGGLING WITH THEIR BUSINESSES IS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT DOING THE PRODUCTIVE ACTIVITIES DAILY. THE AVERAGE PERSON IN OUR BUSINESS SPENDS 1-2 HOURS A DAY ON FB, 3-5 HOURS A DAY IN FRONT OF THE TV AND 1-2 HOURS A DAY CHECKING AND ANSWERING EMAILS. At the very least, do these things late at night when everyone else is sleeping. I suggest cutting the time you spend online and on TV to 20% of what you are currently doing. This will give you more than enough time to create financial freedom in 2-3 years. I sometimes think that FB, TV and emails become a good excuse for not doing the things that make us uncomfortable. And it’s these things we are avoiding that will ultimately give us the time freedom we are looking for! What are you avoiding by spending all your time in front of the TV set and on FB?? Do those things you are avoiding so you can begin to fly in your life and experience true freedom. If I am going to fly helicopters, I must face my fears and do the things that I want to avoid. The things that are uncomfortable are the things I must do and get comfortable with before they will give me a license to fly. The same holds true in your business. Until you can get comfortable with the things that make you uncomfortable, you have not yet earned the ticket to gain full entry to a life of financial freedom. Do the things on this call and you’ll be on your way.