December 3, 2012
I like to use December as a launching pad for the new year. Besides sending out my Holiday Cards (and I send a lot), I refresh my list and introduce as many people as possible to our program. Remember, I signed up on December 26th (the day after Christmas). Demarr was communicating with me all throughout the holidays and I saw SendOutCards as a way to start the New Year out right! There is someone out there praying for an opportunity right now. You could be their angel.
IN THE SPIRIT OF THE TEAM:
Todd Falcone called me a few weeks ago and said, “We have such amazing leaders in our company. Many are making six-figures a year and we are all pretty much out there doing our own thing. Can you imagine what would happen if we all worked together?” He painted a picture of live, daily calls that would introduce the SendOutCards opportunity to potential distributors. He said, “Imagine hundreds and hundreds of people calling in each day to hear the story of SendOutCards (live), followed by 4 or 5 testimonials by those who had already achieved impressive incomes and lifestyles.
What if there was a field-run program that would build the real excitement of our program on a daily basis, kind of like a team 3-way call?”
Can you imagine if you had Todd Falcone, Jim Packard, Jeff Packard, Adam Packard, Bob and Betty Ann Golden, Tommy Wyatt, Curtis Lewsey, Jules Price, Jackie Ulmer, Kathy Paauw, Demarr Zimmerman, Jimmy Dick and many, many others all working for you to help bring people into the business each day!? Well it’s happening, beginning on Thursday! Stay tuned for details! The call will help you to sponsor new distributors into the business. You’ll simply 3-way people into the call. I highly recommend having them send a card first so they have an idea how the system works and then simply dial them in! Imagine what will happen as they hear hundreds of others calling in to learn about our amazing opportunity?
Also, instead of having many different team calls, what if all the team calls offered a weekly format that promoted all of our leadership teams together? TEAM stands for TOGETHER EVERYONE ACHIEVES MORE! Stay tuned for the schedule. This program will help you to end the year strong and take you into the new year with some forward momentum.
SENDING OUT YOUR HOLIDAY CARD:
Back in 2004, I signed up 7 days before the end of the year. I think I sent out 35 cards that year. I committed to sending a card to EVERYONE in my contact manager each year. So, my list has grown and this year I will be sending out over 4000 holiday cards! This week I’m completing my card and sending out my campaign. I’m also setting appointments with a few of my newer customers and distributors to assist them in getting their cards out. If you have never done it, I recommend keeping it simple. A simple card is better than no card!
Here are some tips:
- 1. If you are unsure what to do, start by watching this HOW TO CREATE AND SEND A CAMPAIGN tutorial. It’s VERY short.
- Create your card. Add photos and elements. A simple card can be created in 5-10 minutes. A more complex card may take up to an hour.
- Add everyone you want to send a card to into your contact manager (CM).
- Pull up all of your CONTACTS from your “CONTACTS” tab, on the red bar of your MAIN MENU. Everyone who is CHECKED will receive your card.
- Select the CAMPAIGN card that you want to send (the one you created) in the “SELECT CAMPAIGN” drop down menu and hit the button that says,
“SEND CAMPAIGN TO ALL”. Confirm it and you are done!
- If you need to add funds, you can do that by clicking on PURCHASE POINTS AND EXPENSE on the left side of your MAIN MENU. A postcard will cost 1 point, a greeting card will cost 2 points and a greeting card with photos will cost 3 points. You can add another “panel” to your card for a 4th point. Your stamps come from your EXPENSE ACCOUNT so make sure you have enough in there to send all of your cards. A simple 2 panel card costs $0 .45 in postage to send.
- Cards may be printed multiple times per day during the busy days of the Holidays. Remember that if you send a group of cards and you want to go in and add a gift to a few of them or modify some of the ones you sent, you can do that as long as the cards haven’t been printed. Simply pull up the card under your CARD HISTORY tab and hit “EDIT”. You’ll be able to modify any of the cards that are waiting to go out as long as they haven’t been printed.
YOU ARE WELL POSITIONED. (Better than ever before!!)
Here are seven reasons why network marketing is the place to be in 2013. YOU have never been better positioned for the biggest year of your career, than right now. Are you ready to make your DREAMS more important than your fears? Are you tired of talking about it but not doing it? This call is for you.
- THE BIGGER THE PROBLEM, THE BIGGER THE OPPORTUNITY. – Graduating college students have few options for work. There are more job seekers than there are jobs to fill them. Most graduate with $50,000 to $100,000 in debt and no plan or vehicle to pay it off.
- MORE PEOPLE ARE STRESSED OUT BECAUSE OF MONEY. – Home values have not significantly increased since the mortgage crisis and most people continue to be uncertain and fearful about their financial futures. We are faced with a looming “financial cliff” that could potentially put millions of more people out of work. Network Marketing may become one of the only viable options. Now is the time to get ahead of the curve.
- NETWORK MARKETING GIVES ONE CONTROL OVER HIS OR HER FUTURE. – Options for financial growth are limited. Successful investing is a skill and requires money. A traditional business or franchise opportunity is financially prohibitive for most people and has a very high failure rate. Network Marketing gives someone a real chance to succeed by investing time and sweat equity.
- THE GRATITUDE REVOLUTION IS A MOVEMENT THAT EVERYONE CAN GET BEHIND. – Because of the mainstream authors and speakers that have written and spoken about the virtues and principles of “giving”, most people understand the concept of “you can get anything in life you want if you help enough other people get what they want”. This is the premise of building a successful network marketing business.
- THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF SUCCESS STORIES. – In the 80’s and 90’s, it was tough to find people that had built successful careers in network marketing. Today there are many people that have had lucrative careers in our field. Our profession is no longer up for debate.
- THE TRAINING AND EDUCATION IN NETWORK MARKETING IS THE BEST IT HAS EVER BEEN. – Many successful network marketing entrepreneurs have written books on how to build a business. There are seminars and proven curriculums to teach you how to build a thriving business. Never before in our history, have there been better resources and training to get someone started.
- YOUNG PEOPLE UNDERSTAND NETWORKING BECAUSE OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA AND INTERNET REVOLUTION. – They typically don’t want to be like their parents and actually are now giving their parents advice about business because the traditional job model is failing miserably and many of the “fast company” organizations have been built by a younger generation of entrepreneurs.
HOW TO POSITION YOURSELF FOR YOUR BEST YEAR EVER:
1. Set aside 1-3 hours to work on your plan.
2. Your business plan should include:
This does not need to be sophisticated or fancy. In fact, it should be very simple. It should be short and easy to quickly digest. It should inspire you to take immediate action. It should be written on paper and also on a white board or somewhere where you know you will see it every day (this is important).
I think that if you can do this as a team exercise it will even be more powerful.
I will give ideas on this call, but you’ll need to develop your own business plan that inspires you.
1. Develop your LIST OF DREAMS. Keep them in front of you at all times. You might consider having some “realistic” dreams and some OUTRAGEOUS dreams. I mix mine all together because I now realize that “realistic” is a relative term and sometimes the outrageous dreams are easier to achieve because they are WAY more inspiring.
I will be reviewing my dream list from last year and refreshing it for the new year.
HERE ARE A FEW OF MY DREAMS FROM 2012 THAT I ACCOMPLISHED:
- Tour Europe with Sierra.
- Buy an Electric Sports Car (Fisker Karma).
- Become the #1 contributor within the Kiva Organization.
- Fly on a private jet once per quarter and bring members of my team.
- Learn to fly a helicopter.
- Hire someone to organize the walk-in closet in the master bedroom in Vegas
(it was a disaster).
- Participate in Tony Robbins’ Basket Brigade.
There were many, many more that I didn’t accomplish. Here are some additional dreams that are on my list that I will be carrying forth into 2013:
- Live a “front row” life – Buy tickets in the front row when I attend sporting events, theatre and concerts.
- Attend Carnival in Rio.
- Smoke a cigar in Cuba.
- Become friends with Steven Tyler.
- Remodel my Jerome home.
- Get “ripped” physically.
These are some of my own personal examples. Establish your own. Make sure they are clear, simple and most importantly they INSPIRE YOU! Start where you are, most importantly, START!
When I list my goals, they are more about accomplishments and achievements vs. lifestyle. There is no right or wrong answer. Don’t worry about whether what you are writing is right or wrong. Again, start where you are. At the very least, if you are working the business, one of your 2013 goals should be to ACHIEVE THE RANK OF EXECUTIVE. To reach many of your dreams, it will help to be at least an EXECUTIVE. A goal could be to help 10 people a month in your organization earn the rank of CERTIFIED TRAINER. Another example could be, $5000 a month in income. Here are a list of possible goals:
- Achieve Senior Manager by Feb 1st. Achieve Executive by May 1st.
- Break $10,000 a month in income.
- Personally sponsor 1 person per week.
- Increase my income by $500 a month for the entire year.
- Attend one Treat ‘Em Right Seminar, per quarter.
- Quit my job by July 31st.
- Attend Convention.
Make sure you write your dreams and goals on a board where you can see them EVERY DAY. This is really important. Don’t miss this step. Your subconscious mind will go to work if you position yourself by putting your dreams and goals out in front of you.
Your subconscious mind is designed to find answers and solutions while you are sleeping but YOU must give it something to work on.
By putting these things out in front of you, you are giving it a job to do. And it will do the job!!
Your list is your inventory. You MUST have a written list that grows EVERY DAY!! I am going to describe for you a SIMPLE SYSTEM that anyone can do NOW. Apply the 8 year old test. “If an 8 year old can do it and an 8 year old can teach it NOW, then it’s worth doing”. This is, by far the most simple and valuable system for building a business that I have ever seen:
1. THE BLACK BOOK – Your “list” book.
2. THE GREEN BOOK – Your “money” book.
For $2 each you can buy “composition” books at the drug store in a variety of colors.
Keep your list in ONE PLACE in these books. EVERYONE goes in your BLACK BOOK.
1. DATE NAME PHONE NUMBER EMAIL COMMENTS/STATUS
Use this book to set your appointments. Also keep people in your contact manager and send them cards. I use my LIST BOOK, my CONTACT MANAGER and MY iCal (Calendar) to manage my business.
When someone is INTERESTED BUT, DOESN’T SIGN UP they get transferred into my MONEY BOOK (Green). I keep the same info in my MONEY BOOK.
1. DATE NAME PHONE NUMBER EMAIL COMMENTS/STATUS
This is BY FAR, MY MOST VALUABLE BOOK!! I follow up with CARDS, GIFTS, CALLS, EMAILS, ETC from this book. When someone signs up as a customer, I highlight them in yellow. When someone signs up as a distributor, I highlight them in red. It’s simple and it keeps everyone in one place. I’ve gone through about 20 sets of books in my career.
RIGHT NOW, REFRESH YOUR LIST! You should hit the ground running with a REFRESHED LIST.
STRATEGY (What is your overall business building strategy?):
Here is mine:
- Meet people every day.
- Send cards and set appointments to show the business.
- Focus on sponsoring 1 per week for 2-3 years.
- Look for “Hot Spots” and help them do presentations, calls and meetings.
- Teach fundamentals.
- Drive depth in active groups.
- Relationships before business.
PT – Sponsor 1-2 per month
FT – Sponsor 1 per week
Build depth by teaching and promoting the system.
SYSTEM (Plug people in!):
Do it – Promote it!
BUILT AROUND 7-30-Q. URGENCY IS BUILT IN!
- THE SENDOUTCARDS SYSTEM (SendOut positives every day).
- THE 30 DAY GRATITUDE CHALLENGE.
- THE DAILY SPONSORING CALLS.
- SOC TV.
- BT AND CT TRAINING.
- TREAT ‘EM RIGHT SEMINARS.
- HOME MEETINGS.
- 3-WAY CALLS.
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT.
6 LEVELS OF COMMUNICATION FOR PRESENTATIONS:
- LEVEL 1 EMAIL (LEAST EFFECTIVE)
- LEVEL 2 CARD
- LEVEL 3 PHONE CALL
- LEVEL 4 VIDEO SKYPE
- LEVEL 5 FACE TO FACE
- LEVEL 6 MEETING WITH FOOD (MOST EFFECTIVE)